Southern Maryland Navy Alliance is a private organization whose mission is to support, promote, and enhance the intellectual capital and infrastructure at Patuxent River and St. Inigoes as an economic asset and resource to the Southern Maryland region. The objectives are:
- Support the expansion of technical and engineering jobs in Research, Development, Acquisition, Test & Evaluation, fleet life cycle support, and defense-related opportunities in the Southern Maryland region. This includes vigorous support and assistance for the policies and budgets of Naval Aviation, Federal, and Department of Defense (DOD) Joint activities and initiatives.
- Leverage and create Centers of Excellence to expand upon core aviation expertise as a catalyst for business portfolio diversification.
- Educate and inform the businesses, citizens, and governments of Southern Maryland about the economic and cultural benefits of a strong military presence in the region and the importance of supporting regional infrastructure.
- Provide leadership to facilitate coordination and build consensus on key projects with various organizations, groups, clubs, governments and individuals who have similar interests in maintaining a healthy and stable Patuxent River and St. Inigoes.
- Serve as a catalyst to assist other government and private organizations with marketing the science and technology assets at Patuxent River and St. Inigoes.
- To join the Southern Maryland Navy Alliance, please complete the application form and return to PO Box 748, Hollywood, MD 20636.